TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE „ 5-YEAR WARRANTY” PROMOTIONAL CAMPAIGN
- Terms and Conditions – these terms and conditions specifying the rules governing the organization and the conditions of participation in the “5-YEAR WARRANTY” Promotional Campaign.
- Promotion – “5-YEAR WARRANTY” Promotional Campaign held on the territory of Denmark, France, Spain, the Netherlands, Germany, the UK and Italy (the “Territory”) by Sharp Consumer Electronics Poland sp. z o.o., providing Participants with the opportunity to obtain an additional 3-year warranty granted by the Warrantor for any Promotional Product purchased under the conditions specified in the warranty card attached to the Promotional Product (together with the standard 2-year warranty granted by the Warrantor, the warranty period is thus extended to 5 years), addressed to persons who, in accordance with the principles defined in Terms and Conditions, purchase any Promotional Product during the Promotion Period and notify the Organizer about their participation in the Promotion.
- Organizer/Warrantor – Sharp Consumer Electronics Poland sp. z o.o. with its registered office in Ostaszewo (Poland), at the address: Ostaszewo 57b, 87-148 Łysomice, entered into the Register of Businesses kept by the District Court in Toruń, 7th Commercial Division of the National Court Register, under KRS number 0000255768, REGON: 340166160, NIP: 8792481113, BDO: 000007854, with a share capital of PLN 268,895,500.00 (fully paid).
- Promotional Product/ Promotional products/Product/Products – selected Sharp Series UA air purifiers purchased within the Territory and during the Promotion Period:
- UA-HD40U-L (only in the United Kingdom)
- UA-HD50U-L (only in the United Kingdom)
- UA-HD60U-L (only in the United Kingdom)
- Participant – a person who meets all conditions set out in these Terms and Conditions and who, inter alia, has purchased any Promotional Product during the Promotion Period from the stores listed in Appendix 1, has read and accepted these Terms and Conditions, and who has registered the Product using the form available on the Website within the specified Registration Date.
- Website – www.sharpconsumer.eu
- Promotion Periodfrom 12:01 AM on 1 October 2021 to 23:59 on 30 December 2021.
- Registration Deadline – 10 days from the date of purchasing the Promotional Product.
- Registration Application– submission by the Participant of the application for participation in the Promotion, referred to in point 3.7.2.
- Proof of Purchase– a receipt or a VAT invoice issued upon the purchase of any Promotional Product, indicating the model of the Promotional Product(s) bought.
- Additional Warranty Certificate – document confirming the grant of the additional 3-year warranty by the Warrantor. The Additional Warranty Certificate shall be issued for any Promotional Product only once and it shall specify the serial number, the model and all conditions applying to the additional 3-year warranty. The Additional Warranty Certificate is necessary for any warranty repairs to be carried out as part of the additional 3-year warranty granted as part of the Promotion.
- Promotional Product must be purchased during the Promotion Period.
- The Promotion does not apply to Products derived from secondary sale (consignment or similar).
- Information on the Promotion shall be made available in the form of information materials delivered to the stores listed in Appendix 1, and on the Website.
- Participation in the Promotion is voluntary and free of charge – the Participant shall not make any payments to the Organizer on this account.
- Throughout the Promotion period, detailed information can be obtained by contacting the Organiser at e-mail 5Ypromotion@sharpconsumer.eu. Monday to Friday.
- The prize in the Promotion is the grant of an additional 3-year warranty for the purchased Promotional Product under the conditions specified in the warranty card attached to the Promotional Product. Together with the standard 2-year warranty provided by the Warrantor, the warranty period shall therefore be extended to 5 years. The additional warranty is granted for 3 years, starting upon the expiry of the standard 2-year warranty for the Promotional Product to which the Additional Warranty Certificate applies.
- The award shall be confirmed with a unique Additional Warranty Certificate indicating the serial number, the model of the purchased Promotional Product and warranty conditions. The terms of the additional 3-year warranty will be the same as the terms of the standard 2-year warranty granted by the Warrantor, subject to the difference in the term of the warranty referred to in point 2.6. A single Additional Warranty Certificate may be issued for each Promotional Product.
- The Participant is obliged to keep the Additional Warranty Certificate in order to use the additional 3-year warranty. The use of the additional 3-year warranty shall be possible only upon the presentation of:
- Promotional Product Warranty Card;
- Proof of Purchase of the Promotional Product;
- Additional Warranty Certificate issued for the Promotional Product.
The above list does not exclude or limit the obligation to present other documents, if such obligation results from the provisions of the Warranty Card, Additional Warranty Certificate or from legal regulations in force.
- The value of the Additional Warranty Certificate in the Promotion shall not exceed PLN 2,000 gross, and therefore it is exempt from personal income tax pursuant to Art. 21 (1) (68) of the Personal Income Tax Act.
- Each Participant may submit any number of purchased Promotional Products in the Promotion.
- The Participant’s right to take part in the Promotion is confirmed by a receipt or a VAT invoice for the purchase of Promotional Products, specifying the date and time of purchase, as well as the seller’s details. This shall not exclude or limit the obligation to present other documents if required by the provisions of the Warranty Card or by legal regulations in force.
- The Participant may not request that the subject of the Promotion be presented to him/her in any form other than the form provided for in these Terms and Conditions.
- The Organizer shall not be held responsible, in particular, for the consequences of providing false or incomplete data by the Participant, preventing the grant of the Additional Warranty Certificate in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. The Participant shall immediately inform the Organizer of any changes in the data provided in the Registration Application by e-mail 5Ypromotion@sharpconsumer.eu.
GENERAL RULES GOVERNING PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION
- Only natural persons residing in one of the countries defined as the Territory and having full legal capacity, who have purchased any Promotional Products as a consumer, may participate in the Promotion. Legal persons, organizational units without legal personality or natural persons purchasing products in connection with their business activity cannot participate in the Promotion.
- Each Participant may take part in the Promotion by purchasing a Promotional Product any number of times.
- If the same Proof of Purchase is submitted by another Participant, the prize shall be awarded to the Participant who first submitted a correct Registration Application.
- The Registration Application is considered as filled in correctly when all mandatory fields of the application form available on the Website are completed and all data indicated therein is provided.
- The Organizer shall verify the correctness of the application. As part of the verification process, the Participant may be contacted via e-mail, by post at his/her home address or by telephone at the number provided in the Registration Application. Should the Organiser find that some information is missing from the Registration Application, or in the event of justified doubts as to the correctness of the Registration Application, including the Participant’s right to supplement the Registration Application, or if the provision of additional information proves necessary to the Organizer, the Participant shall be obliged to take actions indicated by the Organizer within 7 days from the date of the request, or else the Registration Application shall be considered incorrect and the grant of the Additional Warranty Certificate shall be refused.
- The Organizer has the right to verify the data of the Participant and of the Promotional Product within 30 days from the submission of the Registration Application in order to issue the Additional Warranty Certificate. If the Participant passes the verification process, the Additional Warranty Certificate shall be sent to the Participant within 30 days to the e-mail address provided by the Participant in the Registration Application.
- The following conditions for participation in the Promotion must be met cumulatively:
- the purchase of the Promotional Product by the Participant within the Territory and during the Promotion Period, in the stores listed in Appendix 1;
- submitting the Registration Application by the Participant within the Registration Period by correctly filling in the application form available on the Website, the model of which is attached as Appendix 2 to these Terms and Conditions; the Registration requires the provision of the following data: name and surname of the Participant, telephone number of the Participant, e-mail address of the Participant, date of purchase, copy of the Proof of Purchase, photo of the serial number of the device.
- keeping the original Proof of Purchase of the Promotional Product and the warranty card of the Promotional Product, confirming the fulfilment of the above conditions;
- becoming acquainted with the content of Terms and Conditions and accepting them;
- becoming acquainted with the clause defining the processing of personal data for the purposes of participation in the Promotion;
- The date of sending the form via the Website shall be considered the date of submitting the Registration Application by the Participant.
- For the avoidance of doubt, the Registration Application may also be made following the expiry of the Promotion Period, provided that the Registration Deadline and other conditions set out in the Regulations, in particular the purchase of the Promotional Product during the Promotion Period, are met.
- Complaints regarding the Promotion may be submitted no later than 30 days following the date of the event giving rise to the complaint. The postmark date shall be considered the date of lodging the complaint.
- Participants have the right to submit a complaint solely in their individual case. The complaint shall specify the name, surname and address of the Participant, as well as a detailed description and indication of the reason for the complaint.
- Complaints must be submitted in writing, by registered mail sent to the following address: Sharp Consumer Electronics Poland sp. z o.o., Ostaszewo 57 B, 87-148 Łysomice with the note stating “5-YEAR WARRANTY”, or via e-mail to the following address: 5Ypromotion@sharpconsumer.eu (stating “5-YEAR WARRANTY” in the e-mail title).
- Complaints shall be processed by the Organizer within 30 days from the date of their delivery to the Organizer.
- The Participant shall be notified of the Organizer’s decision by registered mail to the address provided in the complaint or by e-mail to the address provided in the Registration Application within 14 days from the date of processing the complaint.
- Lodging a complaint by the Participant or the non-recognition of the complaint shall not affect the Participant’s right to pursue claims in court in accordance with legal regulations in force.
- The Organizer is the administrator of the personal data of Promotion Participants.
- Personal data of Participants shall be processed only for the purposes related to the Promotion, including: in order to accept Participants’ applications (legal basis: the legitimate interest of the administrator related to the organization of the Promotion), issuing an Additional Warranty Certificate (legal basis: legal obligation incumbent on the administrator) and processing of complaints lodged by Participants (legal basis: the legitimate interest of the administrator related to determining and pursuing claims). If the Participant agrees to receive marketing information, his/her data shall be processed in order to deliver the ordered information via selected communication channels (legal basis: legitimate interest of the administrator).
- The participation in the Promotion requires the provision of personal data; Participant’s failure to do so shall make the grant of an additional product warranty as part of the Promotion impossible.
- The data shall be stored until the warranty period for the Promotional Product expires and until any claims and complaints are time-barred, or until consent to receive marketing information is withdrawn.
- Data may also be transferred to SHARP Group companies. The SHARP Group companies to which the data is transferred may operate in countries where data protection standards are not the same as in the country of the administrator. However, all necessary steps shall be taken to ensure an adequate level of protection of the transferred personal data, including the obligation of entities located in third countries to provide protection under contracts signed in the form of Standard Contractual Clauses approved by the European Commission, in order to mitigate the risk related to differences in personal data protection standards.
- Each Participant has the right to request access to, rectify, delete, limit the processing or and transfer of their personal data. Each Participant has the right to object to the processing of data, lodge a complaint with the supervisory body – the President of the Personal Data Protection Office – and withdraw consent at any time, which shall not affect the lawfulness of the processing carried out previously based on the consent provided by the Participant prior to its withdrawal.
- Each Participant has the right to object to the processing of his/her data on the basis of the legitimate interest of the administrator.
- The Organizer has appointed a Data Protection Officer who can be contacted in matters related to the processing of personal data at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Participants whose personal data has changed after being provided to the Organizer are obliged to immediately notify the Organizer of such changes and provide the Organiser with new data.
- Registration Applications that are incomplete and inconsistent with Terms and Conditions shall be excluded from the Promotion and shall not entitle their owners to apply for an Additional Warranty Certificate.
- Failure to meet the deadlines specified in Terms and Conditions shall preclude the participation in the Promotion, and thus the application for an Additional Warranty Certificate.
- The Organizer reserves the right to exclude from participation in the Promotion any Participants who act in breach of any legal regulations or of these Terms and Conditions, including Participants who provide false personal data and fail to meet the conditions set out in Terms and Conditions.
- The Participant may withdraw from participation in the Promotion at any time by sending a statement to the following address: Sharp Consumer Electronics Poland sp. z o.o., Ostaszewo 57 B, 87-148 Łysomice, with the note “5-YEAR WARRANTY”, or via e-mail at: 5Ypromotion@sharpconsumer.eu (stating “5-YEAR WARRANTY” in the e-mail title). The Registration Application shall be withdrawn from the Promotion upon the receipt of the statement by the Organizer.
- The Participant may not transfer the rights resulting from participation in the Promotion, including the right to the Additional Guarantee Certificate, to any third party.
- Terms and Conditions are available at the Organiser’s office and on the Website.
- The Organizer reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions. Any changes become effective upon their announcement.
- These Terms and Conditions shall enter into force on 1 October 2021.
- In matters not covered by these Terms and Conditions, relevant provisions of Polish law shall apply. Any disputes shall be settled by local courts of competent jurisdiction over the registered office of the Promotion Organizer.
ANNEX NO. 2
TO TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE ‘5 YEARS WARRANTY’ PROMOTIONAL CAMPAIGN
(hereinafter referred to as Terms and Conditions)
The Promotion Organizer, acting on the basis of point 6.7 of Terms and Conditions, hereby changes point 1.7 of the Terms and Conditions as follows:
‘Promotion Period – from 1st October 2021 12:01 to 31st March 2022 23:59’.
Other provisions of Terms and Conditions remain unchanged.
This amendment to Terms and Conditions shall become effective upon its announcement, on 20th December 2021.